Sunday, April 16, 2023

Spring fever

 Spring fever has hit.  Today was a decent day and I took full advantage.

My rose bed is melted off.  That needed a good raking.  I wish I had thought to take a picture of the 3 wheelbarrows of pine needles.
Here it is clean, the bench is back, and ready for spring.  There is nothing better than the smell of fresh earth.

The Tomato Taj Mahal was accessable.  You know what that means?  I accessed it.  Lettuce and spinach are in the ground.
Every year I comment on my planting templates.  They really do make a difference.  I don't feel like I am wasting seed by planting long rows only to turn around and thin them.
My seedlings are doing great.  Hopefully the weather will hold and I can transplant them into the greenhouse soon.

We took Ella for a nice long walk.  I'm so thankful that she has made it through the winter.  She ran around all day enjoying the weather.

I finished quilting the first graduation quilt.  All that is left is the binding.  I took it out on the deck to stretch it out and clip any loose threads.  It should be done next weekend.

I almost forgot to mention that a fox trotted through the yard this morning.  He was trying to catch the turkeys unaware.  They were aware.  I'm surprised as they also have spring fever and are extremely competitive with each other and themselves.

To finish off the weekend I racked my wine and made chocolate peanut butter cookies. https://kitchenfunwithmy3sons.com/


The weekend is over.  Back to work tomorrow.  Did you have an exciting weekend?  Did you see any wild animals? Did you garden?

2 comments:

  1. we did manage to garden but wild animals are few and far between here. Fixes tend to be active at night so we don't see many just evidence that they have been about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great that your weather is improving and allowing you to hang out on the porch or in the garden. May have to try those cookies - they look great!

    ReplyDelete

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.