Sunday, June 11, 2023

A stroll through the garden...

It was a pretty lazy weekend.  It rained 1.33 inches on Saturday.  Sunday my husband and I spent the morning cleaning pine pollen off of everything.  Now that it has rained we are hopefully done with the yellow haze until next June.
I sprayed the outside of the cabin down with the hose and then wiped everything down with a towel.  I may or may not have been distracted by the butterflies.
Another Sutton Iris bloomed.  This one is aptly named Red Hot Chili.

My wild honeysuckle is starting to bloom. The scent is indescribable.
The wild roses are also putting on a show.  The bees, butterflies, and bugs enjoy them immensely.

It took all day to get these pictures.  Butterflies are actually quite tricky and difficult to photograph.  They don't stay anywhere very long.

It is difficult to see, but I went a little overboard with the carrots.  

I went for a stroll this evening and came across this little pod of baby spiders.  That is a lot of spiders.
My husband made me this potting bench the first year we were in the cabin.  It is tough as nails and I use it for everything.  It has been in the barn for the winter, but we pulled it out today.
I took a few photos from different angles around the cabin.  This is the walkway from the garage to the cabin

This is the new addition, a larger deck that connects to the porch.  I can't believe it took us so long to add on.  It has made a huge difference in our utilization of our outdoor space.

That is all I have for the week.  I hope you are enjoying the summer.  



5 comments:

  1. Those are wonderful butterfly pictures. I noticed the same type fluttering around recently. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been going back and forth between spring, early spring, summer then early spring again. We've had to have the heat on again. This week I think will finally be more summer like and stay that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. everything looks great but i miss seeing the snow as your header picture loads. it looks like you had great fun with the butterflies!!

    i planted carrots 2 years ago and the carrots were so tiny. they are so cheap i decided to skip them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I envy you the rain it's bone dry here. You do have spme gorgeous butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love your cabin and garden. Your iris are beautiful. The butterflies are too but I'm not sure I could get close enough to photograph them :0)

    ReplyDelete

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.