Sunday, March 27, 2022

One man's trash...

 Earlier this winter, I stumbled across some buried metal at the back of our property.  I marked the area and we went back this weekend with the metal detector.  After quite a bit of digging, it turned out to be an old cook stove. A Rattler No. 9 made sometime between 1879 and 1884 by Dutcher Vose & Adams from Milwaukee Wis.  




I so wish I could put it all together.  I think I could do it.   It was sure a fun way to spend the day.  It makes a person wonder what the past life of this property was.  

What is the coolest thing you've ever found on your property?

4 comments:

  1. That's a pretty neat find. I hope you can put it back together; would be a fun piece, for sure. We have found lots of junk around the place. Most of it can be found scattered about in the beds and gardens. I like the old rusty metal pieces best

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not very cool but we once dug up a motorbike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coolest thing we found was in the barn - a very large tine sign advertising Cream separators for sale. we have it hanging in the rec room in the barn now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh, how cool to find that! My son, on his property in N.C. is constantly digging up stuff. He thinks there is a car buried in a place where the water goes from the creek. I wish I could find something of value here at this house, but alas, all I find is construction trash, I wish I could find an arrowhead or two. Have a great weekend, since it is almost here.

    ReplyDelete

Sit on my porch and let's chat. Due to the amount of spam I am closing my comments to Anonymous users. Sorry.